It's true confessions time.
#1- I am not a big fan of cleaning.
#2- But, I love a clean house.
#3- So, I delegate as much as I can to the small army I gave birth to.
#4- However, there are some jobs that are just too big. Like the shower tile.
#5- Our white shower tile and its accompanying white grout have a tendency to get moldy. Very moldy.
#6- I have made half-hearted and at times even full-hearted attempts to clean said tile and grout without much success.
#7- I discovered a way to keep it clean (and by clean I mean *sparkling* white) without a single bit of scrubbing.
The newest recruit in the Franklin army...
But wait! It's not what you think!
I got this little gadget a while ago. Every time you step out of the shower, you press the little button, it beeps long enough for you to close the shower door, and then is sprays the cleaner around the shower which then drips down, taking all the gunk with it. Supposedly. I am not sure what the actual substance consists of, and while it (I guess) kind of made the tile easier to scrub down, it didn't touch the mold.
Fast forward to me having a moment of clarity during my shower (doesn't that always happen?) as I noticed that the cleaner was almost gone and realized that I didn't have a refill. A-ha! Who says I have to fill it up with their cleaner? The device is really just a means to deliver the cleaner to my tiled shower walls, so what if we filled it with...bleach! Bleach is cheap, bleach is effective...I think we're on to something.
I recruited Glenn to refill the bottle (delegation, always) and ever since, our shower has gotten a daily shot of bleach water. Within days we went from this:
Although, if I knew how drastic the change would be, I might have considered it.)

3 comments:
Wow - I've never heard that gadget. You can bet it's going on my list...along with more bleach. I'll keep you posted.
Great idea. I had 2 of those and quit after a while because the refills were expensive and I wasn't that impressed with the results. You can bet I'll be looking in the back of some cabinets and putting those guys back in service...ala the bleach solution!
I bought one.
Post a Comment