Tuesday, December 28, 2010

Sounds of the season.

No, really--how did we get to the third-to-last day of 2010?  It hasn't even been a week since Christmas and it already seems like a lifetime ago.  And silly me, I never even posted those all-important pictures and videos from the holiday school concerts.  We lucked out this year and got away with only two nights of concerts.  A lot of times they split up the choir and band or orchestra so we end up spending every other night at the performing arts center.  A big thank you to those school officials who set up the schedule this year!

First we have Brooke in her first performance on the big stage.

She is doing a great job on the cello, as seen here:
And now she finally has a platform for her love of singing:

Then we have the much more reserved 7th graders. Leah was so reserved that every time I tried to take her picture she was hiding behind a music stand or someone's head. So here is Emma on her flute:
It is fun to see how the band gets better and better each year. I think the kids did a terrific job.
Leah took a more prominent role in one of the choir numbers, albeit very reluctantly. I think I saw an eye roll and a tongue sticking out in the beginning of the song. The thing I can't figure out is why the choir teacher (whom the children are convinced has a bumpit) seems to be completely unaware of how she is standing in front of Leah and doesn't move her more towards the middle.  But isn't Leah great on those bongos???
There's nothing like a good concert to really get you in the holiday spirit, and these two sure did the trick. Nicely done, girls!

2 comments:

Amy Franklin said...

Well I don't think she would stick her tongue out... but maybe she did roll her eyes... :)

Amy Franklin said...

(that was emma...i, as in emma, was logged on but yet it still says amy... strange)