I know you're sick of hearing about this, but seriously, we are on overload around here. There has been lots of subbing, track practice, track meets, the start of the baseball season, a 5K, Les Mis with Emma and Leah, a ward activity, a family birthday dinner, 6+ hour long school board meetings (ok, I was only there for 3 of it), and oh yeah, some siding that blew off the side of the house in this absolutely ridiculous weather we've been having (more on that later).
Today on my way to my eighth school day in a row of working (a record!), I was having a mild panic attack. There was another filled-to-the-brim afternoon ahead of me, and I just wasn't sure I could pull it off this time. In comparison to the miraculous complex maneuvering my sisters and I pulled off this weekend to make sure everyone got to where they were supposed to go, today was nothing--still, for some reason I wasn't sure I was up for today's challenge.
I drove home from work, ready to meet Andrew head on with his book report and three staff appreciation cards that are due tomorrow, prepared to change into jeans, boots, and my winter coat for helping at the track meet, and still not sure how we were going to get Brooke to Activity Days, Emma and Leah to mutual (would the meet even be over yet???), and Andrew home from baseball all at 7:00.
And then the blessings started rolling in.
First email: Track meet postponed until next week. Strong(er) possibility that winter coat will not be needed.
Next email: Baseball practice canceled due to muddy fields and that lovely freezing cold rain.
Now while Andrew has been avoiding his homework like the plague, I can tackle this from home. In sweats. And all I have to do is go out and have Glenn pick up Brooke from her activity tonight.
Some one up there loves me.
Tuesday, April 19, 2011
I believe.
Posted by Amy Franklin at 3:55 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

3 comments:
Some folks down here do too.
Will you please slow down a little, now, and learn to say "no" once in a while!!
I love divine intervention! Glad you could focus on Andrew's homework. Sometimes, atleast around here, it takes a lot of patience. Amazing that it can take 3 hours to do an assignment some days and others they can get 4 done in half an hour!
And some people in Utah love you, too ;). I like when I get to come home to a day with no "have tos" on my list.
Post a Comment