Tuesday, May 31, 2011

In Memoriam (and out of memoriam)

What I would like to remember about Memorial Day:

  • Those who have fought and continue to fight for our freedoms.
  • A fun ward activity with a yummy breakfast.
  • The opportunity to do some service at the church building.
  • A nap.
  • My mom's birthday.
What I am trying to forget about Memorial Day:
  • Those super annoying birds who woke us up at 5:30am.
  • Being slammed hard by summer heat.
  • Dripping sweat and soaking through my shirt while participating in the service project.
  • Losing my cool over a ridiculous social studies project.
  • Recording a show called "World's Worst Teenagers" just to make myself feel better.
Hope your holiday was a memorable one!

3 comments:

Glenn Franklin said...

On the forget side, I would add the whole Tressel Ohio State mess.

Portia said...

And to top it off...the Mavs losing to the Heat. UGH!

thekerrclan said...

The sweating WAS fun, wasn't it? I gave up keeping make-up on. You might add the poison ivy along the fence at the church...unless you were able to avoid that.

Funny -- my word verification word is BEMAD.