Saturday, October 1, 2011

Again with the mud.

For today's meet in Vermillion I broke out the the huge eskimo coat. Very windy, very cold, and very wet. You can hear the wind in this video of the start of the race...

You can also hear 150 girls squealing as they splash through the mud.
Freezing girls wishing they would shoot the gun already!

Here's Emma's finish at 16:09. 11th overall!


And here's Leah a few seconds later at 16:51. 27th place!


Here are the girls in the chute. Emma got her ribbon here. Love the sportsmanship!


And here is the muddy aftermath. Not only did Emma get mud on her glasses, she also got it on the side of her nose behind her glasses.
Will we catch a break next week?  We've been here long enough to not expect much and to not count anything out.

And now if you'll excuse me, I need to go put some running shoes in the dryer for the third week in a row...

3 comments:

Portia said...

Great job, girls. MMMMMMud!! Running like the piggies do!!

Terra said...

so proud of the girls in the cross-country accomplishments. (still can't believe my sunbeams are all grown up though) I don't know if the corse has changed much since I was in cross-country, but vermilion was always one of my favorite corses!

thekerrclan said...

The dedication and commitment is impressive...continuing to run through the mud is not my idea of a good time! I'm glad we've got at least one indoor sport right now....Way to go girls!