Finally. We had a week+ run of beautiful sunny fall weather.
We had a Fun Run at the rec center which was great because local family could easily attend.
The sun continued on through the weekend, and even though there was still mud on the course, the penultimate race was back on our home turf. And no one was shivering.
Emma crossed the finish line in 14:49.
Leah was not far behind at 15:09.
Yes, that would be an improvement of over a minute in their best times this year. I think the good weather caused a real pep in their step.
The last meet is conference champs on Saturday, and while I am not sure we will have 70 degree weather, or sun, I am hoping with all my fingers crossed that the weather holds at least until about 2:30pm.
Also having a great day on Saturday was Andrew in his fall baseball league. This league has been a struggle for him, from having lots of coaches and parents who smoke around him ("Mom, I didn't know that women were allowed to smoke!"), from being one of the youngest on a team with kids who were almost 12 years old, to hearing coaches use swear words during the post-game pep talks, to being benched for most of the games, to striking out most of his times at bat. He struggled, but he stayed strong, was a good example, showed good sportsmanship, and learned a lot.
And finally, after two weeks of cancelled games (all of which were made up on Sundays - boo.), he did this:
Out at home, but love how he tries to slam the catcher!
I agree with the dad in the background...smart baserunning!
Unfortunately, just as he's hitting his stride, this is his last game. Other commitments this Saturday, and the rest of the make up games are on Sundays. But he ended on a good note and came out still loving the game of baseball.








1 comments:
Wow and double wow!! Great going girls!!! Such improvement! I'm proud of yous guys!! Loved Andrew's videos. Nice strokes and follow-throughs!!! Sorry it's over?
Post a Comment