So Emma tried out and qualified for the Geography Bee at school. She was a reluctant competitor. But she ended up taking all but two students down, and after a fierce run-off, ended up as the third place winner! I don't think she really expected it.
I thought the questions got harder as it went on, and was completely stumped at the final one, which was essentially, "Which country is Timbuktu in?" At home that night, however, I was very quickly put to shame by all three girls, who immediately knew the answer was Mali. All righty then. No Geo Bees for me.
She got a rather large trophy for her efforts.
Even though the state which shares the Bitterroot Mountain Range with Montana eluded her, Emma did a super job and we are super impressed with her geography skills.





2 comments:
Why does that kid (not Emma) have facial hair? Why do all the boys have mullets?
That last question about the Bitteroots? Is it Wyoming? No, no, Idaho! No? Oh, well, all I know for sure is that I'm headed to OHIO!!!!
ps:great job Emma
Post a Comment