Brooke has been quite the busy little lady recently. The day after Halloween she up and left for Mohican with the rest of the 6th graders. She was so excited to go and had no qualms about leaving. After all, she pointed out, she's been away from home before.
Mohican was great for her because she got to spend the week with her friends (with fabulous weather, I might add!), and it was great for us because we got to sing all the songs from her summer play in their entirety without her yelling at us to stop. Too bad we didn't think of this till the last night.
She and her friends all got matching necklaces, which she still wears pretty much every day. She had such a great time she plum wore her self out, and despite assurances that she didn't need a nap, promptly fell asleep on the couch after arriving home.
Brooke and her friends have a very active social life, at least for their age. There are always some sort of plans being made, usually via chatting online just about every day after school. She has gone to see one friend in a play and will see another on Saturday. And this is with a whole group of girls. There are invitations to "hang out," which I guess is the new "play date." Tomorrow is mix-it-up day at school and the girls are dressing up as each other--not quite sure what that means besides making t-shirts that say "Hi! I'm _______!" and on Brooke's part, wearing a headband. Because that's what her friend does. The girl who is dressing up like Brooke is wearing skinny jeans and her hair down (which sets her apart from every other 6th grader how?) and writing "I was born to be a star!" on the back of her t-shirt. Now that makes sense.
Despite all these big plans, Brooke still had time for a special night with her dad. The activity days girls had a fun Daddy-Daughter Night. It was a 50's theme, complete with poodle skirts for all the girls (their leaders are amazing). Brooke loved hanging out with her dad, and came home with stories of how he tried to flip her (you know, that 50's dance move?) but she was having none of it.
Whew. It makes me tired just writing it. And she's only 11. I hate to think of how it's going to be in junior high (next year!!!), or when she's 14 and going to stake dances, or when she turns 16 and starts....ok, I can't think about that. For right now, I am happy that she has a good little group of friends who are nice girls, and that she is so happy with her life. I can only hope it stays this way forever.
Thursday, December 1, 2011
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)





2 comments:
Brookie is turning into a beauty!!
Shades of things to come......
oh man I miss this girl! Does she want to come visit us in Boston????
Post a Comment