Grandma Franklin turned 70 this year. (Hard to believe, isn't it?) She had originally wanted us to all go up to Wisconsin together, which we were pretty excited to do, but unfortunately Grandpa Franklin broke something or other and was just not up for making the trip. So (Glenn's sister) Amy and I decided we would throw her a party.
The best thing about this party, other than celebrating Grandma, was that the grandkids all got involved in helping. The girls decided they would decorate two of the cakes! Becca made the flowers and the other girls all helped pipe the borders, leaves, and the "70"s on. They did it all by themselves and did a fantastic job.
The grandkids also came up with questions for a quiz all about Grandma for the guests to answer. They were pretty tough questions and there might have been a cheater or two!
Amy made a beautiful picture display board with different pictures from Grandma's life. I cut out a ton of different circles then stitched them together and the kids hung them up around the gym for decorations. We also had little flowers as centerpieces and the girls painted the pots. It was simple, but I think it turned out really nice and it was so wonderful to have such great grandkids being so helpful and so involved in the process.
It was so nice to have Cousin Bruce and his new wife Lisa come from Chicago to help celebrate. I loved watching Grandma tell stories she remembered from growing up.
It was such a lovely evening to honor such a lovely person. Grandma has always been a wonderful example of faith, service, sacrifice, and love to her whole family. We are so blessed and grateful to have her.






3 comments:
I need help on this post. Is there another family member named Amy? Or did your husband write this post and he's talking about you? Please make a family tree to help those of us who aren't related to you!
Lisa-Glenn's sister is also named Amy. I updated the post to clarify this. Thank you for asking! (Although it would have been funny if Glenn had written this and had sewn all those circles together...)
I wish I could have been there. You all did an amazing job.
Post a Comment