Wednesday, December 2, 2009

T.G.I.B.F.

Top ten reasons to be grateful for Black Friday...


10. It means that the morning before we lazed around watching the Macy's Thanksgiving Day parade.

9. It means we are full of great cousin time, a delish turkey (thank you Reynold's oven bags), and side dishes to die for.

8. It means the tip the the fingernail I sliced off while chopping herbs for the sourdough dressing has had 24 hours to heal.

7. It means three more football games are under our belts.

6. It means we have gone through the ads over and over and made our plan of attack.5. It means the kids had a great sleep over with the Ryans.

4. It means that I got to eat my traditional sourdough-turkey-mayonnaise-cranberry-jello-salad sandwich. I don't care what you think. It is mighty tasty.

3. It means that we survived little sleep, long lines, and the crazy people in front of us at Walmart who DID NOT grasp the whole Black Friday concept AT ALL.
(Listen, peeps, ya don't buy 4 quarts of motor oil and baby lotion at 5 a.m.
You're wasting my time, and the time of the hundreds of people in line behind me.
And while you're at it, learn how to use the ATM thingy that is at every single cash register at
just about every single store across this great country. Seriously.)

2. It means that I had another day with Glenn home.

~And the number one reason to show Black Friday some love~

1. It means that after all that yummy, stuffed-to-the-rafters food and all that warm and fuzzy family togetherness...

there is still pizza and movie night.

0 comments: