11:25 am. Monday. Just about to head out to work. I get a phone call from Glenn.
"I won tickets to the Cavs game tonight. In a suite. With a parking pass. My first question is...Do you want to come with me?"
Let me think about that for a minute. Um, YES!!!
"My second question is...can you call my parents to see if they can take the kids?"
With one phone call, it was a done deal.
Glenn's parents took the kids home from our CiCi's fundraiser, and Glenn and I headed downtown.
Every other time I have gone to a Cavs game, I took escalator after escalator to the upper reaches of the Q to get to my seats. Not this time. We got to take the elevators. And we went down.
I knew how exciting Cavs playoff games are, but to watch one from this close...
...well, let's just say that I was worried I might cry more than once.
I finally got to see my boy Shaq......and we even got to hang out before the game.
The suite was so cool...I didn't even have to leave it to use the restroom! There were hot dogs and hamburgers (which actually weren't all that great...good thing I had filled up on pizza and cinnamon rolls at CiCi's), popcorn and peanuts. And in the 3rd quarter, someone came around with a dessert cart.Why, oh why couldn't I take more than one? Maybe because by the end I was forcing the last couple bites down just based on principle.
As we were cheering and screaming and celebrating the Cavs' victory (and our free chalupas), I couldn't help but think that this night may just have made my "best day" list. It was perfect in every way...
but one.
Thursday, April 22, 2010
Before.
Posted by Amy Franklin at 9:40 AM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

2 comments:
Teaser!!!!
Yer killin' me here!
Games like that ARE fun. Awesome.
Post a Comment