Have I actually understood?
You mean my parents are moving here? To Cleveland? You've got to be kidding me.
However, I received several texts of my mom, Teddy, and a huge yellow moving truck from various cities across the country, so it must be true.
I never, EVER, thought it would, but the stars seemed to align, and here they are.
They sold their house, packed up their lives into a truck, and said goodbye to people they've known and loved for almost 40 years. I know that was no small sacrifice. They left nice weather, a lovely home, a city they know like the back of their hand, the grocery outlet, and extremely cheap produce.
| Teddy is happy to get belly rubs whenever his heart desires. |
It had to be very hard to leave the ward they have been attending for so long. They have served so diligently for so long. And it's always a little awkward to start fresh, especially out here where things are o much more spread out. But for me, someone who has been away from home for twenty years, it is such a blessing to witness firsthand as an adult my parents serving in the church. Here is another area where they have jumped right in, even though I know it was hard. They are such perfect examples of service and love, and to see it and be a part of it is just amazing to me.
All those years ago, when this California girl decided to marry a boy from Cleveland, Ohio, I would have laughed in your face if you told me that someday I'd have most of my family living within 10 minutes of me, that my kids would see both grandmas walking the neighborhood together, that they would see most of their cousins on at least a weekly basis. It really is a miracle to me, one I don't take lightly.
So {I hope} it will be for the rest of my life...and I'll want nothing else till I die...


1 comments:
Your parents are very brave! But I'm sad... you don't have a reason to come home anymore! I'm going to have to find an excuse to go to Ohio!
Post a Comment