Yes, it was a good week.
Wonderful trip to the temple, delicious buffet in German Village (which we saw later from Andrew on the drive home), a never-ending bookstore, nice drive around Ohio State campus. Fun day with the fam.
![]() |
| No amount of touch-ups or filtering could counteract that late afternoon sun. Shoot. |
Leisurely (rainy) Thanksgiving morning in PJ's watching the parade and scouring ads. Ate hardly anything all day so as to be properly ready to devour all the delicious food. Stood in the rain for about an hour with Glenn waiting to get in to Toys R Us while kids + Tyler and Becca watched Toy Story 3 and camped out in the living room. Let's just call it date night.
Up at 3:30 for shopping. Scored at Kohl's. Walmart was a bust. I can't compete with people who have been shopping since midnight. Came home and found the same deals offered (but were sold out in stores) on Amazon. Could Black Friday shopping be a thing of the past???
Glenn and Brooke got to spend Friday evening together at a Hoe-Down at church. It was Daddy-Daughter night for the 8-11 year old girls. Sources can neither confirm nor deny rumors that certain dads went a little nuts during the line dance competition.
Saturday we saw "Willy Wonka" at a community theater. Not sure what I was expecting, but I was very pleasantly surprised. It was a near-professional production, and a musical to boot. Willy Wonka and Charlie were excellent. It was long (think HP 7.1) but thoroughly entertaining and much cheaper. A fun way to end the week.
Today I found myself back on the treadmill at 6 am, eating a salad for lunch, and attempting to tame the explosion of Christmas decor in the living room. I love the holidays.


1 comments:
Thanks for an excellent account. Makes me feel like I was tucked in your back pocket.
Post a Comment