This was NOT our dinner tonight. This is a lovely, colorful, barbequed dinner from a couple weeks ago. No, tonight I made a failed second attempt and grilling some ribs. Last night I started the grill and saw flames coming out the front of the BBQ. That is not supposed to happen. I watched the fire for a while, thinking there was some old food that just needed to burn off. But when the knob started to melt, I decided I should probably turn off the gas. Later that night Glenn cleaned out the grill, assessed the situation, and decided that this was the best solution:

But the other two burners work fine, so I headed back out tonight to try again. Things started out well, until 10 minutes in when I realized we had run out of propane. Wonderful. I was ready to call it quits and head to CiCi's but Glenn saved the day by bringing the meat and fries inside and sticking them under the broiler. Twenty minutes later, we all sat down for a lovely meal. No thanks to that stinkin' BBQ. What a party pooper.

3 comments:
Oh I am so sorry although that picture of a previous bbq looked delicious
I hate to see anyone have to go without grilling!!! It is truley a travesty!
Viva La Weber Charcoal Grill!
That picture inspires me to want to try something more than hamburgers on the grill! I'm ready to get ours fired up!
Post a Comment