So yesterday I found myself at the end of a very busy week. Days 4 and 5 of a five day weekend (like Thanksgiving without the yummy food), visiting teaching, activity days (which I was in charge of), a Primary presidency meeting and inservice to prepare for, two days of subbing at the preschool, a meeting with the art teacher about the art show in May, a Cub Scout pack meeting (I was in charge of the obstacle course), and a lesson on the birds and the bees for Andrew by his classmate and subsequent meeting with the principal and teacher.
All of these activities were broken up by quiet evenings with some good TV. Something to look forward to all day during the hustle and bustle. But I was so exhausted I kept falling asleep. Even during Lost. The first new episode in who knows how long, and I was sitting up! Pathetic.
So...I was looking forward to Friday afternoon. Finally. Nothing scheduled. Some quiet time for Mom. A soft couch, a warm blanket. Prime nap time.
And I couldn't sleep.
You have got to be kidding me.
Now it is Saturday afternoon. Inservice is over, the kids have (finally) finished their chores and are settled in front of the TV watching a Smurfs DVD, the grocery shopping is done, and it's freezing outside. Prime nap time.
Let's give this thing another shot.
Saturday, January 24, 2009
The audacity of hope.
Posted by Amy Franklin at 2:38 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

2 comments:
Your weeks sounds as busy as mine. I tried for the nap thing Thursday afternoon with no luck. The kids and my mind would not cooperate.
It drives me nuts that I "wait" all day for the kids to finally be in bed, so I can relax a little and watch a show or something and as soon as I sit down with my computer and the show on, I start drifting off! SO annoying. I have 11 ER's from this final season of the show to watch!
Did you watch Miss America last night? I always think of you and Lisa when I see it! Good times! Gotta have brownies with it! ;)
Post a Comment