Friday, January 2, 2009

Champions on Ice

Trying something new is a great way to start off the new year. We tried ice skating for the first time, something I have been wanting to do with the kids for a while now. Halloran Park on W. 117th in Cleveland has an outdoor rink that is only $1 per person--including skates! So for the price of a movie ticket, all six of us got to skate for two hours.


We started off a little rocky...there were some tears,

a little bit of this:


...and a whole lot of this...





...but Brooke got a cone to push and Emma and Leah got their confidence up, and soon--no walls necessary!

As we were leaving, the first thing I heard was "When can we do this again?" Now I have something in my back pocket for the loooong weekend we have coming up in in a couple weeks. I am proud of the kids for sticking with a tough new challenge and turning it into a success!

4 comments:

Portia said...

Great job, kids! Have you even roller skated before? Ice skating is NOT that easy! You should be pleased with yourselves for learning a new skill!

Malissa said...

Now those pictures are a walk down memory lane! Remember when we went ice skating as kids?

Julie said...

I remember doing that. I never moved much beyond the wall-hugger mode, though. How awesome that they want to go again!

Unknown said...

Ice skating is a lot of fun. Maybe if we go out in the winter again, we should go do this :)