The JoAnn's ad came out last week. A certain type of fabric that I happen to need was advertised at a great price. A "10% off your entire purchase" coupon was included. What could be better?
Today I headed out. I pored over the racks of fabric, trying to find just the right prints and matching contrast fabric. I put the bolts on the cutting table, changed my mind a couple times, realized that one kind didn't have enough fabric left and went back to choose another, and finally, finally, had all the fabric I needed. I headed up to the thread and picked out four matching spools, feeling very gratified. I mean, who doesn't love perfectly matched patterns and colors?
It was my turn to check out, and I confidently handed the lady my thread, my fabric, my fabric ticket, and my 10% off coupon. This was going to be a real steal.
Only the 10% off coupon isn't good until February 13.
Me: Well, ok, can I come back on Friday for my fabric?
Cashier (in so many words): The 13th, lady. It's a President's Day Weekend sale. Today's only the 3rd. What are you, dense? And, no, we can't hold it. Sorry. I got nothin' for you.
Me: Oh. Sorry.
And I walked out.
Maybe I should have just gotten the fabric anyway. After all, I had spent all that time picking and choosing, and the coupon was only 10% off. But I didn't. It's the principle of the thing. I wanted the deal and I felt sheepish for mixing up the dates. So I high-tailed it outta there.
And then I realized I had spent all that time in the store (and actually a couple other stores after that) with a sock stuck in the back thigh of my jeans.
For crying out loud.
Tuesday, February 3, 2009
Mommy brain at its best.
Posted by Amy Franklin at 1:19 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

9 comments:
That made me laugh out loud!
Oh NO! You are your mother's daughter!! Sorry kid. Wish I had a dollar for everytime I pulled a similar stunt! But you did the right thing! When you can't get "the deal".....walk out!
You are not alone, I have done the very same thing... It is a powerful voice, where and when you spend your money. How you are treated speaks volumes!!!
By the Way you have been tagged by me.
hehehe. what a day!
been there, done that! I can feel for you.
A sock in your pants? That cracked me up.
The sock cracked me up. :)
I HAVE SO BEEN THERE! Too many times to count.
Goodness, Girl! I think it's odd they put the coupon out that far in advance.
And the sock, well, that's just funny. sorry.
Post a Comment