Once again, Super Bowl Sunday has come and gone. This year was especially lame. I haven't gotten into the Super Bowl (or football in general, for that matter) since the reign of the 49ers in the 90's. And then with the hometown-team-who-shall-not-be-named being less than stellar, I just haven't really cared.
But the men in my house are a different story.
They will watch any game, any time. And here are the rules for who to root for:
1. Your favorite team is the aforementioned hometown team.
2. Your second favorite is any team playing the Steelers.
And guess who was playing in the Super Bowl this year? The Steelers - and Glenn and Andrew's second favorite team. Yes, all of a sudden they were huge Cardinals fans. The mere suggestion that Andrew might possibly have Steelers colors on was enough to send him into hysterics. There is no way that boy will ever wear yellow and black.
We typically have a "Super Bowl party" with the Ryans and Franklins (which means we have regular Sunday dinner together, but we eat Super Bowl-type foods and call it a party). No difference this year, except Tyler and Becca were missing (don't worry, they were just home sick). For Andrew, it all went down from there.
First, no Tyler. Then those punks from Pittsburgh had to go and win the game. Sheesh! Can't this kid ever catch a break? All hope now rests upon the Cavs. Please, LeBron--help make a little boy's dream come true! I do not want to have to move to New York. Or Boston. Or LA. This town - and these sports fans living in my house - need a championship.
Tuesday, February 3, 2009
Super Stinky Super Bowl
Posted by Amy Franklin at 9:34 AM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

5 comments:
I am still waiting on my championship.......
Haha..great post. Even though I am not a fan of either team (GO BEARS!!) I will have to admit that is was a pretty fantastic game and an even more fantastic last 2 minutes!! WHOA!
We had a super bowl party, too. I know I should hate the Steelers, but honestly, I don't. I didn't really care who won this year, so I was not disappointed. I think the Cavs are the best option for a championship.
What a great game! Helps when you do not care too much about either team I guess.
Man, that was a game. Since we used to live in AZ and well, the Cards are NOT known for being the greatest team, we were pretty excited about this. And the game was so close, they ALMOST had it.
I have seen that gall-blasted final TD more times than I care to ever seen (at the gym at 5 a.m. on ESPN, over and over and over.) and 1-I'm tired of it, 2-I'm still not convinced his feet really did touch before he fell out. SIGH.
And really, neither Kevin nor I really care, but still!
And as a side note, if I have to see Phelps doping again, I just might break that darn TV! okay, i'm done.
Post a Comment