Wednesday, February 18, 2009

Since U Been Gone

When Glenn travels for business, things just aren't the same.

I have to do things I would normally make him ask him to do.

Change Andrew's sheets.


Take out the trash.


One side of the bed goes unused.

(Oh who am I kidding. I totally spread out. Right smack dab in the middle.)

I pass the time with silly projects.



I take the kids to CiCi's.

And then go get myself some Subway to eat after they're in bed.

Even my toes get cold and lonely.

And then, finally, he's back.

And the kids who have waited up for him come running down the stairs.

And he and I get to snuggle on the couch.

And the bed is no longer quite as big.

And I won't have to take out the trash.

3 comments:

Julie said...

I totally spread out in the middle of the bed, too. Your projects are not silly. They always turn out fabulous.

Katrina said...

Once again, love your writing--and photos. Shh, don't tell mine about the bed thing. I feel the same way.

Dana Anderson said...

Hey, I feel so out of the loop these days. I just came across your blog. Very sweet and fun commentary and pictures, it would bring a smile to everyone. I think most of us feel like that. You have such a cute family. Just love you guys.
loves Dana
from way out in the boonies