Sunday, July 26, 2009

The big finish

What do you get when you cross hundreds of swimmers at a huge conference swim meet that doesn't start on time with a hot, humid day and some thunderstorms?

One sweaty mom, two antsy young spectators, one dad who has enough time to go home and mow the lawn between events, and two bored and slightly overwhelmed swimmers.

Who just happened to finish 2nd and 3rd in their heats for their individual events!

Here is Leah's 2nd place finish in the 50 Back:



And here is Emma's 3rd place finish in the 50 Breast:



So there you have it, sports fans--another great swim season from the Wonder Twins!

4 comments:

Portia said...

OH MY GOODNESS!! That was terrific!! I can see improvement even from when I was there! Sorry it was a L-O-N-G day-----but worth it! Congrats, girls!!!

Julie said...

Way to go girls! Aren't you glad it's over? In some ways I am glad when the season is over and sad at the same time. Our county meet is this week.

Chatty Family said...

Good job, Girls! I am sooo proud of you both and all the hard work you put into this season. I wish I could have seen this one in person. Way to stick with it and finish strong!

Amy Ryan said...

What great finishes! I'm impressed by the great jobs both of you did! What's next for the "Wonder Twins?"