Wednesday, September 2, 2009

Ohm my.

I was scared and sweaty before I even started.

But I got in the car anyway and drove to my first yoga class.

I have done yoga DVD's on my own before, but never in an official, organized setting. With other people. But Emma and Leah will be starting a diving class next week and the rec center offers a yoga class that coincides, so I thought I would take the plunge.

I was late. I was nervous about my attire. I was nervous about twisting and posing and showing my--how shall I say--imperfections.

And while I didn't exactly do this:
...I did break a sweat (duh) and got an amazing workout. My legs were burning and shaking. I am pretty sure I am going to be sore tomorrow. But it just felt so good. At first when I looked at myself in the mirror I thought "Ay yi yi," but the next time I looked I smiled. I was doing something hard and kind of doing it well. I felt better about my body than I have in a long time.

So I'll go back next week.

And maybe someday I will be able to do the above. Wouldn't that be awesome?

5 comments:

Glenn Franklin said...

She is not modest.... Good job but you have always been able to do that stuff. Now you don't have to worry about me watching you or chuckling when the DVD instructor says the word "buttocks."

Portia said...

What? That isn't you in the photo?

Nikki said...

Oh I love Yoga. I would have to say I am not that coordinated yet.

Tacie Kerr said...

Good for you.

Katrina said...

That lady almost looks not natural doing THAT! Ugh. I would certainly crack and break and die if I tried that! ;)
You go, Girl!