Tuesday, September 29, 2009

When I'm stuck with a day that's gray and lonely...

I try again to make a successful loaf of whole wheat bread.

I realize that my flour, which was ground with a Vita Mix and will work great in quick breads, will not rise. No matter how hard I try.

This is after two hours, two hours I tell you! But I baked them anyway, darn it.

I fight the urge to curl up on the couch with a blanket at 10:30 and actually clean my bathroom and bedroom.

I curl up on the couch with a blanket at 12:30.




And later, when it's still gray, but not quite so lonely anymore, Glenn slices one of the bricks of bread. And he actually likes it. Huh?

5 comments:

Glenn Franklin said...

It might not be French bread...but it has yeast and flour and when used to soak up sauce it is delicious.

Portia said...

I've had the same thing happen. Try half and half with white flour.

Ron said...

maybe you could use them as stepping stones in your back yard or build a brick planter

Leah said...

I agree with Daddy. It tasted great in Potato-Cheese Soup. The crust is the only brick-ish part.

Betty said...

You know the sun is always shining in the Family History Center! :-)
The verification word is "imprav" which is the great thing you did using it in the soup!