Over the past ten years, our changes have been subtle ones. The children don't grow from babies to toddlers to pre-teens overnight. Yet as we look back over the past decade, that is exactly what has happened. We have experienced a series of changes that find us moving from newly-married couple with two, then three, then four small children into where we are today: More than a dozen years of marriage under our belts, all four kids now baptized, two kids on the verge of Young Women's and junior high, and one child who has lost every single one of her baby teeth. Ten years ago I was changing diapers, buckling car seats, putting on three sets of tights each Sunday, fixing three heads of hair, and not only making the food but also spooning it into babies' mouths. Today I no longer have any idea what the children's bathroom habits are, everyone buckles their own seatbelts, the girls can put on their own tights and fix their own hair, and while I am still the main chef around here, everyone can fix their own meals if need be.
Who would have thought that at this very moment the little baby on my lap would be in the kitchen making cookies by herself?
2001
2002
2003
2004
2005
2006
2007
2008I'm not stressing about that yet though. It took me a whole decade to get where I am now, and it's going to take another whole decade to become a near empty-nester as well. And a whole lot longer than that to get used to the idea.


6 comments:
Enjoy the ride, because that's what it's all about...certainly not the destination.
I love all the pictures from each year! I wish I could track down pictures like that...tis not to be...only of the kiddos...and probably not one for every year. Here's to the next decade!
Oops -- didn't realize I was commenting under Addysen's name!
I loved the pictures! The kids grow up so fast. I swear we did not grow up that fast :)
Awesome yearly pictures by the tree. So fun to see your family grow and change.
That was so fun to see you through the years. Thanks for sharing! I can't even think about 10 years down the road. Z will be 24!
Post a Comment