I think I'm going to write a book.
Not a novel. Not a biography, auto or otherwise.
It seems like all you have to do to get published is do something for a year. Blog about it first. Then publish it. Make millions.
Thousands, you say? I'd be happy with that.
These books are everywhere. Have you seen them?
People have used their crockpots, followed Oprah's advice, stopped shopping, cooked their way through Julia Child's cook book (of course), and even simply tried to be happier. Just did it for a year. And then wrote a book.
I mean, seriously.
That's all it takes?
I can totally do that.
How about The Napping House: How one woman finally caught up on all her lost sleep with a year of daily naps?
Maybe The Not-So-Skinny-Cow: Finding out exactly how much weight you can gain with 365 trips to Mitchell's?
Or Disappearing Act: What happens when one mom gets in her car, starts driving, and comes back a year later?
Tempting.
But how about something more realistic?
Maybe I should just start with making sure I hug my kids every day. You know how days can go by without giving the kids a meaningful hug? Oh, you don't? Well, unfortunately that happens around here. Not intentionally, mind you. But I was wondering how things might change if I made sure to give the kiddies a big huge squeeze every day.
Maybe I should just start there.
2011 NY Times Bestseller List, here I come!
Wednesday, January 20, 2010
Year-long resolutions.
Posted by Amy Franklin at 4:24 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

2 comments:
Good one, Amy! And I follow A Year of Crockpotting Blog. (But I always think her food looks gross, I mean, doesn't most crockpot food look kind of ewww? ;)
I'm going to give a better hug on the way out the door today - -and skip the words, "Hurry, the bus is coming!"
PS - There really is a "Year of Crockpotting Blog?" Wow. Where have I been?
Post a Comment