Just about eight years ago, it was time for kindergarten. Emma and Leah may have been the children enrolled in the class, but one time meeting the teacher and we all fell in love. The girls flourished under her loving care. And little Miss Brooke? All of three years old? She was a little bit jealous of her older sisters. Everyday she would sit with them at the dining room table and insist, "I am in kindergarten! Miss Z. is my teacher! I have homework!"
Brooke hit the ground running and hasn't stopped since.
This week I was in the car with my three girls. Emma and Leah, who are finishing up their two-year stint at the school Brooke will be moving on to in the fall, were detailing the secret lives of 6th graders. There was talk of locker searches, cell phone confiscations, texting at sleep overs, girls talking to boys (can you imagine???), and girls going with boys (no one could figure out what that one even meant).
After a slight pause in the conversation, I hear this from an eager little sister in the backseat--
All in good time, Brooke. All in good time.

2 comments:
Oh, my....don't rush things!! Some day you will be MY age and guess what?!? I want to go to Parkside!!!!!!
I want to go to Parkside too! (oh wait I already am!) But it is my last year! Everyone should go to Parkside!! It is like the best school ever!!!
Post a Comment