So I just deleted a whole paragraph where I went on and on about how busy I am. Whatever. It starts to feel like a contest or something - I'm busier than you are, na na na na na - and it just doesn't matter. I'm busy, you're busy, we all scream because we're so busy. Here's the funny thing about me, though. If I'm not busy, I can't get anything done. Case in point - last night. An evening with nuh. thing. I made a dinner that wasn't something from the frozen food section, leftovers, or no dinner at all as I rush out the door and forget that there are people who might like to eat something.
(And by the way, it was delish--and I think it will translate quite nicely into a specialty pizza. Stay tuned!)
So anyway, I made a great dinner. And then, I pretty much planted myself on the couch and didn't move for the next 4 hours. I hate to admit this. But if I am trying to be true to my authentic self, I must confess. I sat there and sat there. Glenn and the kids were outside mowing and weed whacking, and I was thinking of all they ways I could be productive, that this was by big chance to get things done around the house since I was actually at home, and I just couldn't move. I guess I did get up and clean the kitchen. Yay me.
Give me a day packed with meetings, work, after-school activities, and church stuff, and I will find time to fit in grocery shopping, volunteering at the school, answering emails, and Andrew's friend coming over to play. But if I have hours of unscheduled time stretching out in front of me, I morph into a bump on a log of enormous proportions.
They say if you want something done, give it to the busiest person. Get in touch with me next week, and I will for sure fit you in. Today the only thing on my schedule today is a nap. That will be the only thing I accomplish.
Friday, May 21, 2010
Paralyzed.
Posted by Amy Franklin at 8:02 AM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

1 comments:
You might be a bit hard on yourself....trust me, I know how busy you actually are.
Post a Comment