It just happened. The third "Momism" just came out of my mouth. I said one the other day at Melissa's and said that if I had three it could be a blog post. And now, it's official. I am my mother.
1. I told Emma to stand up straight and not slouch. Not only that, I told her to put her shoulders up, back and down. You know what I am talking about.
2. I told Leah to not walk like "that" on her shoes because she'd ruin them. We all know what "that" means.
3. In trying to convince Andrew to try something new I told him it tasted like candy. Only difference is, it was a date so it actually does taste like candy....unlike a spear of aspragus or a brussel sprout, which you will never convince me ever comes anywhere close to tasting like candy. Sorry, Mom.
Being a mother to "older" children is a whole different ball game. I remember being that "older" child and the things my mom said to me. Funny thing is, I now realize that the things she said were totally justified. Too bad it has taken me a decade and a half to understand. I think I may have just taken my place in the circle of life.
Monday, April 28, 2008
The Circle of Life
Posted by Amy Franklin at 4:44 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

2 comments:
cute... glad you got your third thing so you could do your post. :)
That's hilarious! Next you'll be telling them not to stand with the fridge open (because they know what's in there!) and to get their feet off the walls. Hehe!
Post a Comment