Thursday, April 10, 2008

Concentrating (?) on Conference


Some worked on a latch hook rug, some watched from above, some snoozed, and some played with the camera. But we were quiet and reverent, and felt the spirit of conference.

2 comments:

Katrina said...

That is great camera usage. I never think of taking pictures of "events" such as watching conference. Love the sleeping grandpa one--could have gotten a picture of Kevin in that same position if I'd have thought of it! (Even though he claims he was listening.) ;)
Want another delicious chocolate chip cookie recipe? Go back to cookiemadness.net and search Torres for Jacque Torres Special Chocolate Chip Cookie recipe. I made them today and they are DANG good. It takes a little extra ingredients you may not keep in stock, so I had to plan ahead for these, but they were worth it. Love your blog, Amy.

Katrina said...

Hey, the trick with the Torres recipe is that it calls for bread flour AND pastry flour. You can find a tip on Cookie Madness sight of how to make pastry flour (it's hard to find just in the regular grocery store). All purpose flour and cake flour equal pastry flour. Cake flour is accessable at the grocery store. Check Anna's site for the quantities. The cookie is worth it. If you read her blog faithfully, you can see that I comment on a lot of the things she posts.
This "new" pasttime of mine (I've always loved baking), but I'm becoming a bit obsessed with it AND with the food blog world, but this new love could get me in trouble--I've lost 43 pounds since Sept and want to lose 17 more, but if I keep up all this baking, I could be in trouble. I actually do really well just barely tasting stuff, then giving it away. Okay, I'll shut up now, should have just emailed you. ;)