1. I ran my first five-miler with Melissa at 5:30 in the morning. From start to finish it took just about an hour, and that includes our extra walking warm up and cool down.
2. It was my first day of having 10 year old daughters! Emma and Leah are now into double digits...how did that happen?
3. For breakfast we had "real" doughnuts for the first time in a long time, a special birthday request.

4. The girls rode their bikes to school! We rode down the street to pick up their friend and her brother and then went on to the school. They really enjoyed it.

Andrew decided that he wanted to walk to school that afternoon. Bear in mind that we live over a mile away from the school. So not only was I accompanying the children to school, I also had the ride/walk home. Then walking back up when school was over. That is 3 trips to and from school for me. That adds up to over 6 miles. Add that to the 5 I had already done that morning, and you can see that I logged a lot of steps that day, all within a one-mile radius. Kill me.
5. Emma and Leah and I had our first shopping trip to Justice after school and piano. They each picked out a really cute outfit, and posed for a really cute picture. Wow. 10.
6. That night for Family Home Evening (shortly before I collapsed into bed) we went to the Chatty's for the first ever fundraising letter assembly line. The kids all helped tremendously and the work was done in record time. We celebrated their efforts with cupcakes!

So here's to my day of firsts. Honestly, though, I am glad it's over. I can't handle anymore trailblazing.



4 comments:
That's a lot of walking! Emma and Leah are models. I can't believe they picked those outfits out themselves. Can they pick me out a new wardrobe? They are SO cute.
Wow, a five mile run. You Go Girl! I treadmill everyday, but only about 2.5 miles and that's enough. (Actually, if I could get up earlier-I already get up by 6 a.m......) Did you know I've lost over 40 pounds, since Sept., on the Biggest Loser Online program? Still want to lose 20 more. So what do I keep doing--baking! And I can't figure out why I've hit a plateau!
You've got some great looking girls. Yours turning 10 reminds me that my oldest will be 10 soon as well! Sigh!
You forgot the first time that you fell asleep at 10 (well at least in a long time). The kids were glad that you were able to do so much for them!
Sounds like a busy day with a LOT of exercise:) That's great! I can't believe that Emma and Leah are 10. Where does the time go?
I have seen your parents 2 times this week. Once they were on a walk (maybe you and Melissa inspired them:)] and tonight at our stake choir performance (it was fantastic)! Just thought I'd pass along a note that they look happy and well.
Take care!
Post a Comment