Wednesday, October 8, 2008

Comfy Day!

Yesterday Brooke took her Ohio State Achievement Test in reading. Now I remember taking proficiency tests in school, no biggie, but let me tell you--these days, the whole world revolves around them. Teachers have to basically teach specifically to these tests, so that "no child is left behind."

And so, since such great emphasis is placed on the test, and children are getting worked up and worried because they are told to not worry, and the school counselor is brought in to review test taking skills with 3rd graders, and notes are going home reminding parents that kids should be in bed early and have a good breakfast that day, the day after is Comfy Day. The children get to wear pj's to school, bring in popcorn, slippers and a stuffed animal, and watch a movie. Brooke was ready so early today (no extra time needed to change) that we had time to braid her hair and of course, snap a picture for the blog.

How fun to stay in pj's and goof off all day. I seem to be making up for my lack of elementary school comfy days.

2 comments:

Julie said...

I wish I could have a comfy day. :)

Portia said...

I'd like a comfy day with Brooke!
(bet she aced that test, too!)