Last year, when Andrew had afternoon kindergarten, it was just me and him in the mornings. I, being the funny mom that I am, called our time together "The Andrew and Mommy Show," sung to a catchy little tune. Today I got to have Porter in the morning while my sister was enroute to California and my brother-in-law was at work. And naturally, I sang "It's the Porter and Amy Show!" to him every chance I got. He was pushing for the "Porter and An-doo Show," but unfortunately Andrew had other obligations, i.e. school. So Porter and I tackled WalMart and Giant Eagle alone. Porter did put on quite a show while we were checking out at Giant Eagle, laughing at nothing and talking gibberish.
We got home and had to play outside in the gorgeous weather. We started with a rocket game that lasted all of five minutes, but Porter got some good air.
I purchased some insurance for a good nap by walking with Porter back to his house to get Macey off the bus. We hung out there for lunch and rockin'-and-rollin' (more nap insurance) and headed back to my house. It worked for one:
But not for the other:
All in all, Porter and I were separated from each other for just over two hours. And he was becoming more and more disenchanted with me as the day went on. He was very happy to have Andrew greet him upon returning this afternoon. And at 5:40, he kind of lost it and wanted nothing to do with me or anyone in my family. Fortunately, Nate came back with the ballerinas soon after to whisk him away from the woman standing in for his mom but not quite making the cut.
But guess what, buddy. It may not appeal to the toddler demographic, but the show's back on tomorrow. And I am sure that the ratings will be through the roof.
Thursday, November 6, 2008
The show must go on...
Posted by Amy Franklin at 5:47 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

2 comments:
If it had to be anything other than the Porter and Mommy or Daddy Show, I'm glad it was the Porter and Amy show. I'm sure he had a great time. Love ya! Thanks!!!
Amy! YIKES! It's so good to "see" you! When are you coming to Cali for a visit? We should definitely hook up! I want to hear all about your gorgeous kiddos (and I have a few to brag about, too!)
Post a Comment