Every November, the day after Thanksgiving, I am ready. Ready to break out the red and green boxes which hold my Christmas decor. Ready to drape my pictures with greenery and my mantle with lights. Ready for the advent wall hanging, the ceramic Christmas tree Glenn's grandmother made long before I came along, the weird tri-fold Santa thing Glenn and I got with a Pier One gift card our first Christmas together.
And then, on December 26th, I am ready for this:
This year, on December 26th, there was still so much going on. Still a baptism to plan for and get through, still two families to divide our time between.
Today, though, my side of the family left in the wee hours of the morning. After taking Jill, Jake, and Jenna to the airport at 4:45 AM, I slipped back into bed and ended up sleeping until 9:30. And when I woke up, I was done. Done with Christmas and greenery and Santa. Ready to pack everything back into the red and green boxes for another twelve months. And ready to spend time with Glenn's family and get this new year started.
On November 27, 2009, I will be excited for the clutter of Christmas. But today--December 30, 2008--I'm kind of over it. Christmas will have to be in my heart now, instead of all over my house.
Tuesday, December 30, 2008
Moving On
Posted by Amy Franklin at 8:47 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

6 comments:
I hear you...suddenly, Christmas seems like it was a lifetime ago! (I guess a new baby will do that do you.) But, the thought of putting everything away again is highly overwhelming...we'll wait a few more days.
You are hilarious! You have such a clean side! However, i do feel the same, but for some reason, once it is away, It feels a little empty in the house!
I am not a big fan of the clutter but I get the January blahs so it is hard to let Christmas go for me.
Me too. Although Dave won't let me take the tree down til after New Year!
Me, too! Unfortunately, I don't have the energy to put it all away! It will work best for me while baby sleeps and kids are back in school next week!
Good times.
Happy New Year, Franklins!
I will start packing it all up this weekend. I had to leave it out another day or two since we were gone for a week. This year I have had a hard time seeing it all end.
Post a Comment