I did a bad, bad thing.
I bought this......something I never have in the house. We don't drink much soda at all, let alone caffeinated ones. I know it is not a commandment for Mormons to abstain from all things cola, but just that's the way this Mormon family happens to roll.
But I saw a recipe for Cafe Rio Pork Salad that I really wanted to try. And it called for a Coke.
When I walked through the door with the bottle of illegal liquid, bought covertly as I skulked into the corner gas station, there was a collective gasp. Emma flat-out refused to eat whatever I was planning on making with it. But with some reassurances that lots of Church members drink Coke (c'mon, everybody's doing it) and that it was only for this one recipe (just once won't hurt), everyone was ready to give in to peer pressure.
And when this is the end result....
...how can you not give yourself fully to the addiction? The end result had everyone hooked.
We might need ourselves an intervention.
{Not knowing what kind of chemical reactions take place when you cook with Coke (Does it cook off like alcohol?) Glenn and I briefly wondered if the caffeine would have some sort of "energizing" effect on the kids. We couldn't see a difference. Because I think their bodies produce the stuff naturally.}
Friday, April 3, 2009
Breaking the law.
Posted by Amy Franklin at 7:38 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

8 comments:
I believe diet coke is considered a "gateway" drug.
I wonder if caffeine free diet coke would taste the same to avoid breaking the law in the future. Don't worry, we still love you!
Umm, I can't believe:cough:cough:that you would bring :cough: something this horrible :cough: into your home! :)
On the other hand, at least you didn't let the "real" stuff pass through the door (that would've been catastrophic!)...and the food looks DIVINE! (I'll have to get the recipe)
sweet nectar!
I gave up caffeine for Lent this year. I don't think I've ever been so excited for Easter to get here!
sweet nectar!
I gave up caffeine for Lent this year. I don't think I've ever been so excited for Easter to get here!
I LOVE Cafe Rio pork salad!!! I have made it at home. Yum!!!
VERY BAD FOR YOU THEN!!!!!!
And not once did someone mention "the mission field". I am sorely disappointed. ;)
Post a Comment