Saturday, April 4, 2009

Flushing the Fish

photo courtesy of Leah

After more than a decade of homemade-foamie-stamp-painted fish swimming over our heads, I decided it was time to update the kids' bathroom. I found (quite a while ago, actually) a California poster that served as my inspiration piece (along with Porter's bedroom). And with a visit from Mom coming up next week, there's no time like the present.

So with just one minor mishap (the mirror crashing down which smashed a couple of lightbulbs and left some notches in the countertop) and with the colors just slightly different than what I had envisioned, we end up with a nice homage to Cali and the beach:



We have had several discussions about what this bathroom should now be called. Some are insistent we still call it the fish bathroom. But should it be the California bathroom? The surfing bathroom? The beach bathroom? The name that sticks remains to be seen...

10 comments:

Portia said...

Love it! I've got a few beach-themed picture frames left over from "someone" else's room. I'll pack them along if there's space.

Katie said...

Holy cow! You are awesome and I love the new bathroom motive! How about the "hanging loose" bathroom? (Although it is more of a Hawaiian term, it could still be used in Cali..right?)

Nikki said...

Amy, that is so cute. Come over and give me inspiration for my house!

Jill said...

It looks awesome!! I can't believe you did that yourself! (Actually, I can. You're good like that.) I like the "Hangin' loose" bathroom - it kind of has a double meaning. Hehe! But beach bathroom is a little easier to say. Either way I LOVE IT!!

Julie said...

This looks amazing. I love the colors and the theme.

Leah said...

You did such a great job! I love it!

Brooke said...

I liked the fish but I this one (California bathroom or something like that) better. VERY GOOD JOB!!!! Thank you for letting me have a turn to paint and for painting the "Fish bathroom". Now what are we gonna call it???????????????????????????? I am just wondering. I love the paints, the pictures, the poster, and the decorations. Looks prettyful. i love it very much. I love you!!!!!!!!!! That bathroom is awesome.

Emma said...

I liked the fish but I LOVE the new bathroom! You did such a good job painting it and I love the color. I think we should call it the California fish bathroom. :) Get it?

Malissa said...

FANTASTIC!! I'm dreaming of Cali while I have snow out my window... longing for some sunny weather. What a great bathroom!

Unknown said...

That was totally cool!