Brooke had he
r appointment at the Cleveland Clinic today. The doctor confirmed what I had been thinking, that the chances that the nodule on her brain growing this fast are very slim, but she should have another MRI to make sure. I made an MRI appointment for the 25th--far away, I know but that was the first opening. They said I could call back daily to see if there have been any cancellations. A pain, yes, but that's how it goes. I feel calm about everything, and it was good to take her in today, because he sees nothing else wrong with her. So I guess we now play the waiting game.
In other good news.....the new interim principal at Holly Lane has a new bulletin bo
ard in the front hallway called the "Wise Owl" board. Teachers submit a student's work or something good they've done (weekly I believe) for display. Andrew's "H" worksheet has been chosen this week! Way to go, Andrew!
ard in the front hallway called the "Wise Owl" board. Teachers submit a student's work or something good they've done (weekly I believe) for display. Andrew's "H" worksheet has been chosen this week! Way to go, Andrew!Today at Holly Lane children's author Stephen Krensky is visiting. He has written over 100 chilren's books. He spoke to the kids today, and I took Andrew to the school this morning to hear him (Andrew is in PM kindergarten and Mr. Krensky was only speaking in the morning). He was very entertaining and funny, and the kids had a lot of good questions for him.

The 3rd and 4th grade classes had a writing contest, and 2 students from each class were chosen to have lunch with Mr. Krensky. Leah and Sydney were chosen! We are so proud of them and I can't wait to hear what it was like to sit down and talk with a real author! I hope Leah got to ask lots of questions...one thing she has said she might like to do when she grows up is be an author or editor, so this is a great opportunity for her.
The kids will be home soon and we have a nice, relaxing afternoon ahead of us!

1 comments:
Glad everything went okay at the doctor! Sounds like you guys had a cool day! Way to go kids!! Can Leah please write a post about her experience with the author and maybe share her story, too?
Post a Comment