As much as I love Cleveland, one complaint I have always had is that radio in this town stinks. There is not a big selection in the first place, and what there is to choose from leaves much to be desired. Too urban, too redneck, too mid-70's rock. You know it is really bad when you actually start to enjoy listening to Radio Disney, an AM station that is pretty staticky most of the time.
Between two trips downtown to Cleveland Clinic and two trips to the dentist in Avon, plus swimming and piano this week, I've gotten to spend some quality time with my kids in the car. They of course request Radio Disney, and I have to say I don't mind and am even tempted to listen to it even on my own. I mean, you can't go wrong with a little Hannah Montana and songs from the High School Musical soundtrack. Those seem to be the songs in the highest rotation. But they throw in Carrie Underwood's song from "Enchanted," "Tatoo" by Jordin Sparks, "Love Like This," by Natasha Bettingfield, a lovely acoustic version of "Wait For You" by Elliot Yamin, and even some U2. That is more than I can say for Q104. I hate Pink and Nickleback and why did I hear Bon Jovi TWICE on that station the other day?
We're all ears!

1 comments:
Just love hearing Elliott Yamin on Disney! Thanks for sharing your story. I'm a BIG Browns fan. Just listen to Sports Radio when I am in town.
Post a Comment