Friday, February 8, 2008

Happy 100th Day!

Yesterday was the 100th day celebration in Andrew's kindergarten class. As a room mom, I got to go in and share in the festivities. Each child had to count out 100 of something and bring it in to school. Andrew brought in 100 pennies. They strung 100 fruit loops on a string for a necklace, made 100th day headbands, drew a picture of what they'd look like when they are 100 years old, drew what they would buy with $100 (Andrew drew a home theater), and had a special snack. It was a lot of fun to see the kids and hear them say over and over, "Happy 100th Day!" Here are some pictures of the festivities:


Andrew with his collection of 100 pennies.

Our beloved Miss Zkiab (in red) and friends checking out everyone's collections.
Stringing a fruit loop necklace
A fitting 100th day snack!

Andrew got to go home with a friend after school, so after I got the kids a snack, I sat down to watch the rest of Project Runway. The girls of course followed me into the living room and lined themselves up on the couch to watch and do homework. They were actually pretty productive--maybe it's better to be comfy!

Study hall!

1 comments:

Jill said...

I miss you guys soooooooooo much. You can come do homework at my house!