I love throwing things out to try and reduce the clutter in the house. However, not all family members are on board with this concept. In fact, no one is. Until this weekend.....
Friday night I was catching up on Oprah, and there was an organization expert who claims that you cannot lose weight until you lose the clutter. In other words, if your environment is not a healthy one, you will not be able to make healthy choices. They showed a family who of course was an extreme case of clutter, disorganization and uncleanliness. But SOMEBODY happened to be in the same room, on the couch next to me, working on the computer and this person must have picked up on some of the things the guests were talking about because.....
Fast forward to Saturday morning. I went to the church at 11 and was gone for a couple hours. I walk through the door and Glenn excitedly grabs me and says, "Come upstairs--I have to show you what I did!" I walk into our bedroom and see two huge shopping bags full of his old clothes! Do you realize how big of a deal this is?!?! Glenn voluntarily went through his things and set items aside to be removed from the house. I am so proud of him. He may have been inspired by me giving each of the kids a bag and telling them to fill them with junk from their bedrooms. Sometimes a little Oprah can do us all some good.
I am so excited for Friday, when the Purple Heart Veterans come to take away all these bags. Now if only I could lose the corresponding weight from my body.....
Monday, February 11, 2008
Trimming the Fat
Posted by Amy Franklin at 12:51 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

2 comments:
Nice! I love throwing things away - I just went through our junk drawer last night! Wish I could be there for the snow day. American girl olympics sounds like fun. Does Andrew watch American Gladiator?
we have the opposite problem here. Jared always wants to get rid of things and I have al hard time letting go. But hey, if it will help shed a few pounds I'm on board!
Post a Comment