Wednesday, February 6, 2008

Update

I called the Clinic today to see if there were any MRI cancellations, and lo and behold--there is an opening on Friday! So the wait has been cut from 3 weeks to 3 days. Much better.

I have to tell you something funny Andrew said as we were waiting for the bus. But first, a little background. Our mailman is the nicest guy, but a little dense when it comes to actually delivering the mail properly. Quite often we get mail for others, not too big of a deal, but it makes us wonder what mail of ours is misdelivered. One Saturday the entire stack of mail in our box was for our neighbor. Included in that pile were some important looking envelopes, i.e. bills! I called the post office in frustration and the lady I talked to said our carrier would be reprimanded.

Now, this guy always says hello and has throughout the years, so I don't want him to get in major trouble, and I kind of felt bad that I had snitched on the guy. So one day when Andrew and I were out waiting for the bus, I saw the mail truck down the street. I told Andrew I was going to hide on the porch because I didn't want the mailman to see me after I had called and gotten him in trouble. In the days that followed, Andrew either missed the bus or I sent him out by himself (while watching him out the window, of course) because I was still in my PJ's and it was really cold. Today was the first day in a while that I had gone out with him. He said that he would tell me if he saw the mailman coming so I could go hide again. Then he says "The mailman is going to get rubber banded." Huh? "The lady at the post office is going to rubber band him!" I may have to call back with the rubber band suggestion if the reprimanding doesn't work! Ouch!

2 comments:

Jill said...

Yikes! I'm sure the mailman will get it right after being rubber banded!!

Max and Deborah said...

Kids say the darndest things. Very cute.