The other night as I was getting dinner together, I discovered that the rolls I had bought to make subs for dinner were moldy. Since I happened to have some other rolls in the fridge, I decided to not get angry, but instead told Brooke and Andrew we'd use them to feed the ducks.
Emma and Leah have swim team practice at Clague Park, and I remembered that there is a huge duck pond there. So the next morning we dropped the girls off at the pool and headed over to the pond.
Oh how I wish I had my camera!!! There were tons of ducks and geese, including little babies. Brooke and Andrew had a great time throwing the bead out to them. (We didn't see the sign discouraging such actions until we were done. Oops.) There was a big deck there overlooking the pond, and then some paths out to the side. The kids went down on the rocks and had fun "skipping" stones. It was kind of funny how the ducks thought they were throwing bread again--maybe one of the reasons for that sign...?
Afterwards we went on a walk through the woods, so nice on a hot day. We passed by the tennis courts (Brooke does NOT want to play tennis), the war memorial ("I give service to my country, too, Mom!" -Andrew), and the gazebo (makes a fun, echoy noise). And then we headed back to the pool to watch the end of practice and dip our feet in the water.
The kids were so excited about our little adventure, going on and on about how "we should come back here with Grandma and Grandpa!" We will definitely come back, and we'll have a camera, too!

2 comments:
Sounds like so much fun! I'm sure Brook and Andrew will want to repeat that one several times this summer!
What a great little adventure.
Happy Birthday Amy!! What year is it for you??
Post a Comment