Thursday, June 12, 2008

Saying "I Do"

We have had our new couches for about three months now, but just yesterday I finished the wall arrangements. I was not willing to make a permanent committment that I might one day regret. Plus, I know how in the past I have had the tendency for over-hanging. You know, where you put all this stuff up on the wall that you think looks good, but just ends up looking like a cluttered mess over time. I have actually enjoyed my clean and simple wall with my one huge piece of art.

But if you recall, over Easter break I had the kids do an art project which needed to go up at some point. I had Nate do some vinyl for me, but again--the pressure got to me and I kept putting it off.

Well, with my parents coming tonight, I decided it was time to take the plunge. I got out the hammer, nails, measuring tape, and laser level and went to work, all by myself, mind you. And a couple of mathematical calculations later, it was done! It actually turned out to be pretty easy. And I am so happy with the way it turned out, it had me at hello.


I think the vinyl looks amazing, and I love how unique the kids' artwork turned out. The arrangement adds just enough to that huge wall without getting too complicated. I feel like the living room is finally complete--here's to a long and happy life together!

6 comments:

Glenn Franklin said...

I am very lucky to have such a talented wife (and 4 artists in the making?). I am overly impressed with the mathmatical calculations. I might even include this in my SPJ.

Jill said...

That looks AWESOME! So perfect for that wall and the kids' paintings are very cute. What a special arrangement! Love you!

Nate said...

I really like how it turned out! Also, thank you for the mention. Again, everyone, that website is http://www.aigraphix.com

Thanks Amy!

Malissa said...

Amy the room looks GREAT!! Clean and inviting! I'm sure you and your family will enjoy spending time in there and making memories.

Max and Deborah said...

Amy the living room is an amazing transformation. Very different from the green carpet, blue couch era. Love what you are doing. You should be an in Better Home and Gardens Magazine.

Shelly said...

Yeah for you !!it looks sooo nice. I love it.