Wednesday, June 4, 2008

Oh! The Humidity! -or- How minor annoyances escalate into major irritations

It's baaaack! Humidity hit with a vengance today and just made everything seem that much more frustrating. Here was what bugged me today:

1. Jagged can lids. I sliced my thumb on one this morning. It hurt like a, well, you know. I immediately called Melissa because I knew I'd get some understanding there. And it's my left thumb. Do you realize how much the left thumb is used? By a south-paw like me? A lot.

2. Marcs. Sometimes I wonder why I keep going back to that store. I know it's because of the packs of Mary Englebreit notecards for 59 cents and the nice duffel bags for $6.99. But I swear I always get THE slowest checker, who is then so amazed and grateful that I am bagging my own stuff. I gotta get outta here, lady. I got places to be. But I'll see you next week for more closeout deals!

3. Trying to make the most of some extra time, to no avail. Even after all that time spent reading People magazine in line at Marc's, I found myself with some leftover time, before I had to be back at the school. So I tried to finish up a last minute project, but the sewing machine wasn't cooperating and I just got ink everywhere. So much for trying to be productive.

4. White shirts. I got a couple new ones lately--really cute for summer. But I always get stuff on them! (See #2 above.) Right where the kitchen counter top meets the waistline. Arrrgh!

5. Sweat, the bane of my existence. It wreaks havoc on my hair, my face, my clothing. And there I was, at the school for the Kindergarten celebration, talking to Miss Zkiab, her family and best friend, and other parents--all the while completely melting. Oh yes, everyone was complaining about the heat. Oh, I know, you are sweaty, ha ha, isn't it crazy how hot it is? Give me a break, people. You all look perfectly fine and completely put together. Don't talk to me about your minor bouts of perspiration. Even Emma recommended that I change my clothes before going to Grandma Franklin's retirement party. Botox is looking better and better.

Today's lessons? A second shower may be necessary, and I must get the A/C fixed in the van.

1 comments:

Shelly said...

I LOVE MARCS! growing up in North East ohio ~I learned at an early age the bargins you fing @ Marc's. To bad its not kid friendly ;(