Andrew has been bugging Glenn to set the tent up in the backyard for a while now. We finally had a committment-free, rain-free Friday night, so Glenn decided to oblige the boy. Andrew recruited Tyler, who I am happy to say, is still willing to spend time with his crazy 7 year old cousin.
The boys were equipped with pillows, sleeping bags, Footprint, Cracker Jacks, juice boxes, and a movie. Glenn had the air mattress that stayed inflated for all of 20 minutes.
With the girls were nestled away at various cousin's houses across the viewing area, I had a quiet night indoors with my ice cream and TV shows that Glenn will have nothing to do with.
I had a lovely sleep, just getting a little cold in the early morning hours with no one to snuggle.
Little did I know that my snuggle partner had given up on the flat air mattress and hard ground around 6:30 AM when the boys came inside to play the PS3. But he unselfishly left me alone to my undisturbed sleep and crawled into Brooke's bed.
Can ya blame him? She's got the best bed in the house anyway.
So for all, or at least most, involved, it was a pleasant evening. And Andrew has finally had his tent fix.
Monday, June 29, 2009
The Backyardigans
Posted by Amy Franklin at 3:04 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

2 comments:
Love the title!
Fun for boys. I'd love that, too, a evening with ice cream and MY tv shows. What to work it out! ;)
Glad they had fun! We have been trying to get the kids to set up the tent and sleep in our backyard. So far, no takers.
Post a Comment