Monday, June 29, 2009

I call that a bargain.

I earned some money last week. From Walgreens. They paid me to shop at their store, yes they did.

These two tubes of toothpaste were $3. You get $3 worth of register rewards with each purchase. That makes the toothpaste free. And then I had two coupons, one for 75 cents and one for $1. I earned a whole $1.75. I could make a living off that.

I have been making a more conscious effort to save our pennies here and there where I can. And a couple websites I have found are making it a little easier for me. I loaded this and this into my Google reader and I get updates about all the weekly deals. Walgreen's, Rite Aid, Target, CVS, it's all there. They will tell you what's on sale and even coordinate coupons for you. Print a couple coupons here and snip a couple there, and you're on your way.

I have gone through phases in my couponing, more off than on. But now that there are people out in Bloggersville who are doing a lot of the work for me, I'm kind of getting excited about it!

And the getting paid to shop? That is a bargain. The best I ever had.

3 comments:

The Lassen Family said...

I love it! I, too, have found that toothpaste is easy to get free. And there is no reason to pay more than $1 for either toothpaste or deodorant. Just takes a little homework. Wish somebody would have told me that before January when I figured it out!

Portia said...

It took technology to make you a believer!

Julie said...

LOVE coupons and great deals! I need to follow these blogs that do the work for me. My friend has started doing that here, too.