Wednesday, August 12, 2009

All this...

...cost over $100 at Giant Eagle.

Did I pay that much? Heavens no! I paid far, far less. 47% less, to be exact.

{Jill, I did it!}

Your Giant Eagle receipt will show you how much you have saved on your purchase. I am typically in the high 20's in my percentage saved. Occasionally I would get into the 30's, but never above 33%. Since I have been trying my hand at this couponing thing, it has been my goal to get into the 40's. This goal has eluded me for the past month and a half, but today--

I blew it out da box!

OK, I realize that this excitement may be a bit much, but I was almost giddy as I walked out to the parking lot with Brooke and a cart full of stuff that I paid just over half price for.

A very special thanks goes out to to new blogs I found, especially for us Ohio folk. Stretching a Buck and Cherry Picker are right here in our own backyard. Cherry Picker even scopes out deals at Drug Mart and Marc's! Check them out and you too can save bucketloads of money. Or at least a couple bucks.

And--get this--I subscribed to the Sunday paper today. A whole new world of coupons will soon be at my fingertips. Nothing can stop me now!

7 comments:

Just Lisa said...

Here's my issue with couponing. I've been trying, I really have. But a lot of those coupons are for stuff that I wouldn't normally buy, anyway. So, now I'm saving 35 cents on Chex Mix, but I'm really wasting $3.35 because this is not something that's usually on my list. I need a couponing tutorial!

Jill said...

Mom has officially been de-throned as the coupon queen! Hehe! That's awesome! Next goal should be 50%!

Katrina said...

You Go, Girl!

Portia said...

Hey! wait a minute!!!You haven't seen my latest Safeway receipt!!
And I got a flat of 48 flowers yesterday for 5 bucks!! Give me sum luvs!!

Joking aside, couponing is a great use of ones time and energies.

Grace, you just have to use self-control on those "non-essentials".
(Yea, Amy, what's with the Starbursts?!?)

The Lassen Family said...

Awesome, Amy! Isn't it exhilarating? I love Miss Cherry Picker too. She has been a ton of help in my couponing escapades.

Tacie Kerr said...

I am ready to be taught the tricks of the trade! Want to teach an enrichment class?

Julie said...

You rock. I have a friend here who is doing this, too. I need to figure it out one of these days.