Something fun and exciting happened this week and I wanted to write about it.
On Wednesday, I was going to write about how I won free movie tickets, but we got home from the show really late and had to get the (thankfully short and sweet) report on how things went with the kids from Jill.
On Thursday, I was going to write about how these tickets were to a special screening of Julie & Julia, but I had three extra kids in the morning and five extra kids in the evening and all it was all I could do to watch the watch the finale of So You Think You Can Dance and cheer for Jeanine.
On Friday, I was going to write about how I won these tickets by leaving a comment on a Cleveland blog I subscribe to in my Google Reader, but I took to kids for their first visit to Grandpa Franklin in the hospital, had pizza and movie night, a Walmart run, and ice cream at Jill's house.
Today, I was going to write about how I had just picked up the book from the library when I found out I had won on Monday and proceeded to read it in its entirety before the screening, but I had some shopping to do with Jill, another visit to Grandpa, dinner with friends, laundry to fold, and a sharing time to prepare.
Now, everything is squared away and all that's left to do is go to sleep. It's kind of an important thing, so I'll just quickly write about how we got to the theater just before it was full and had to sit in the front row so I'm not sure if I really liked the movie or not due to the slightly distracting crick in my neck but that it was quite different from the book which obviously was an easy and entertaining read since I got through it in less than three days but while I respect how the author found something productive to do with her dreary life (hey--I can relate) I am not sure that I really like the author and her potty mouth as a person but Amy Adams did a nice job of cleaning up the role and Meryl Streep did an even better job with the role of Julia Child and I am looking forward to seeing the movie again. Head on.
See, I always accomplish what I set out to do.
Eventually.
Thursday, August 6, 2009
Good intentions.
Posted by Amy Franklin at 10:33 AM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

3 comments:
Yes you do, my dear, yes you do.
((I know you are busy, but unlike the author, there are those of us out here who don't have something more productive to do so wait impatiently for your next blog post!))
Crazy, crazy life.
Kevin took me to J&J last night. I loved it. I love Julia. I wanted more of her life. I want another movie about her tv career. So there's lots of swearing in Julie's book? I read some of her blog and could tell she doesn't talk real nice sometimes.
This book is sitting on my nightstand, untouched. Crick in the neck and foul language aside, do you like the book? Was it better than the movie?
We just saw Amy Adams in Doubt last night (also with Meryl Streep). Although I didn't care for the movie or the message, I really like Amy Adams' role.
Post a Comment