QUESTION:
Is American chocolate different from European chocolate?
Can we identify different types of chocolate during a blind taste test?
HYPOTHESIS:
A Hershey's chocolate bar is so inferior to other types of chocolate that it will be easily identifiable. Lindt chocolate, a superior European chocolate, will also be easily identifiable. The other types of chocolate will be fun to eat.
Is American chocolate different from European chocolate?
Can we identify different types of chocolate during a blind taste test?
HYPOTHESIS:
A Hershey's chocolate bar is so inferior to other types of chocolate that it will be easily identifiable. Lindt chocolate, a superior European chocolate, will also be easily identifiable. The other types of chocolate will be fun to eat.
PROCEDURE:
Brooke will break apart each bar on to separate, numbered plates and make an answer key.
She will then bring all the wrappers to the tables for the test subjects. The test subjects will each have a piece of paper numbered 1-6. One at a time, Brooke will bring a plate of chocolate to the test subjects. As the subjects will have their eyes closed, Brooke will place a piece of chocolate either in their hands or their mouth. The subjects will then decide which type of chocolate they have just eaten.
Brooke will break apart each bar on to separate, numbered plates and make an answer key.
RESULTS:
Everyone was able to correctly identify the Hershey's bar and the Lindt bar. Especially Glenn, the self-professed connoisseur of all chocolates European. Jill and Jake were able to correctly identify all six types of chocolate. They may be the real connoisseurs around here.
CONCLUSION:
I conclude that Hershey's Chocolate stinks. It's grainy and rubbery. If it's all I've got and I'm desperately seeking chocolate, fine. But given a choice, I personally am going to go with the Milka brand, as it surprisingly had a touch of hazelnut.
I further conclude that we should have more chocolate taste tests.
Eating chocolate is my scientific speciality.
Everyone was able to correctly identify the Hershey's bar and the Lindt bar. Especially Glenn, the self-professed connoisseur of all chocolates European. Jill and Jake were able to correctly identify all six types of chocolate. They may be the real connoisseurs around here.
CONCLUSION:
I conclude that Hershey's Chocolate stinks. It's grainy and rubbery. If it's all I've got and I'm desperately seeking chocolate, fine. But given a choice, I personally am going to go with the Milka brand, as it surprisingly had a touch of hazelnut.
I further conclude that we should have more chocolate taste tests.

4 comments:
What? You need someone to re-test the hypothesis and results?? I'll be there Saturday!
Now that is one science experiment I can fully support! Yummmm.....
Best experiment EVER!!!!
(I, personally, am partial to Cadbury......)
THAT looks like a fun experiment!
And as a stupid side note, I prefer Hershey's over Nestle, if that means anything.
Post a Comment