So I have been stuck in my own little head today and I am going to use this blog as a way of straightening myself out. I am starting to feel a little stressed out about stuff, but for some reason I don't think that anything is really that big of a deal. You know how it gets...things tend to get blown out of proportion when it's just you and the conversations you have with yourself, and then you kind of say, Wait a minute. Are things really that bad? Let's discuss....
3. Because of getting a new sofa, I need to call and schedule a carpet cleaning first. That is a pain. Glenn does not want to move the huge jumble of wires and equipment that is the entertainment portion of the room, I know, but it has to be done.
4. The school called me today to come pick up Emma because she has "pink eye." This was a surprise to me, seeing as how I saw no evidence of this before she left for school. Yes, her eye is red, but I see no gunk coming out of it. But she and Leah have doctors appointments this afternoon, so we'll see then. And besides, she is keeping Andrew busy this morning.
See? I knew it wasn't that bad. It's just when you start to think of all the little things like how you should be taking vitamins but are too lazy to sort them out into the little pill sorter thing so you just don't take them, or how you are so tired after spending an hour on the treadmill that will most likely NOT translate into any pounds lost at Weight Watchers this week, and how that same hour on the treadmill (along with the stresses related above) is making you so hungry that you just want to eat everything in sight but you don't on the off chance that you MIGHT lose weight at WW but in the meantime you are pretty grumpy and are living for the ice cream you are going to eat during The Biggest Loser tonight, and how there are a million other little things you have thought to do or should do or need to do and you are constantly rearranging the schedule in your head to make everything fit...........can you see how a girl might go mad?
In the meantime...I have to get Andrew on the bus. Only 30 minutes till Glenn and I kiss our tax return good-bye. I am sure it will be worth it next week when I am watching TV in ecstacy--no piece of wood in my back, clean carpets, healthy kids, and 5 pounds lighter.

5 comments:
I know exactly how you feel. Life is crazy sometimes. Nothing that a little Ben and Jerry's won't take care of. :)
Call me!
Amy, how are you! I finally pulled up your blog (of the christmas letter). It's so good to hear about everything going on! And yeaaaa on the new couches! Anyway, just had to say hello. It's been so long since we talked! Take care!
I came across your blog via...someone's...somehow. Thanks for making me laugh out loud...and stay up too late!
I love your honesty, Amy! We can all relate :-) Your furniture looks fabulous. Where did you end up finding it?
Post a Comment