Notice what's NOT coming out of it? Yeah, the water's missing.
When I {ahem} flushed the toilet at 5:45 this morning, I noticed it sounded a little funny. Didn't think much of it, until I went to wash my hands and there was nothing. I headed into the kitchen to try that faucet. Nada.
I was on my way to my exercise class, but thought I should give Glenn a heads up before I left. We both came back downstairs, hesitantly checking the basement (please please please don't be flooded), and then Glenn asked me to go outside and see if the hose would turn on. As soon as I made it out of the garage, I saw what the problem was. The trucks, road blocks, and "High Water" signs were a dead giveaway.
Fortunately, the locker room at the rec center made a shower a possibility for me, and the bottled water we had stored in the basement made a "shower" a possibility for Glenn (yay food storage!). Obviously I would not be drinking my usual close-to-a-gallon amount of water, and so the usual resulting issue was not a problem. A quick stop at Melissa's (yeah, she had water) was all I needed.
And before the kids got home from school, we were back in business.

Just another lesson in gratitude. And in our dependence on modern conveniences. And in emergency preparedness. Who knew?
When I {ahem} flushed the toilet at 5:45 this morning, I noticed it sounded a little funny. Didn't think much of it, until I went to wash my hands and there was nothing. I headed into the kitchen to try that faucet. Nada.
I was on my way to my exercise class, but thought I should give Glenn a heads up before I left. We both came back downstairs, hesitantly checking the basement (please please please don't be flooded), and then Glenn asked me to go outside and see if the hose would turn on. As soon as I made it out of the garage, I saw what the problem was. The trucks, road blocks, and "High Water" signs were a dead giveaway.
Fortunately, the locker room at the rec center made a shower a possibility for me, and the bottled water we had stored in the basement made a "shower" a possibility for Glenn (yay food storage!). Obviously I would not be drinking my usual close-to-a-gallon amount of water, and so the usual resulting issue was not a problem. A quick stop at Melissa's (yeah, she had water) was all I needed.
And before the kids got home from school, we were back in business.
Just another lesson in gratitude. And in our dependence on modern conveniences. And in emergency preparedness. Who knew?

1 comments:
So why didn't you have water???
What does "high water" mean???
Flooding?? I don't get it!
But you didn't either...water that is....how was that shower, Glenn?
Post a Comment