Yes, my dear Kris, it was because of me that you are in the American Idol finale.
When the show first started you didn't thrill me that much. Others thought you were so dreamy, and yeah, you're cute, but you're no Michael Johns. In all honesty, I didn't know how you had made it as a finalist to begin with. Besides, there were some others I was rooting for (Danny Gokey), and then there were always the show-offs getting all the attention (Adam Lambert).
Long about the Final 7, the week you sang "Falling Slowly," everything changed. I listened to your version of that song a million times that week. And you just kept getting better.
So much better (than Danny Gokey there in the end) that I was finally, after dozens of Idol contestants parading on and off that stage, inspired to pick up the phone and vote. For you. Before your (awesome!) "Heartless" was even over. And I pretty much sat there on the couch and continued to vote for you, over and over. (There was a filler-packed Biggest Loser finale to get through, what else was I supposed to do?)
It has been a long time since I dialed those numbers. But it was the right thing to do. You deserved a spot in the finale.
And I was happy to lend a hand.
P.S. Continue to wow me like you've been doing, and I just might vote again next week. I want you to give Adam a run for his money.
Thursday, May 14, 2009
You're Welcome, Kris Allen
Posted by Amy Franklin at 11:33 AM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

4 comments:
You did the right thing, daughter!
Amen to that!!!
I'm sorry...I was a Danny Gokey fan from the beginning and was until the end. Now I am for whoever is up against Adam. Unfortunately, I feel that it won't matter who he's up against in the end.=(
Your calls did it! Actually, I think once Gokey was voted off, I KNEW Kris would win the whole thing (I almost couldn't even watch this season because I just cannot even stand to look at Adam, much less hear him!). I knew Gokey's votes would go to Kris. Whew! I didn't vote all season for the first time, but a few nights ago, I gave Kris about 50 votes. It's all you and me, Girl! ;)
Post a Comment